title

"Take care of your body with steadfast fidelity. The soul must see through these eyes alone, and if they are dim, the whole world is clouded." - Goethe

Thursday, June 17, 2010

My First Post

First of all, I am so thrilled to be starting this blog. This is for two reasons. One is that I know it will help keep me motivated! Very few people "enjoy" exercising. I'm no different than any body else, I use all kinds of strategies to keep myself going, one of them is going to be keeping up this blog. The second reason I am so excited to be starting this blog is because I hope to inspire other kidney patients to exercise more and improve their quality of life!

That being said, what kind of posts can you expect from me? Well, I don't want to limit myself. However, you will definitely see information about my workouts, how-to's for specific exercises, milestones I reach, events I participate in, links to related information, and hopefully posts from guest bloggers. I want to also give information about the various exercises and workouts I have done along the way. I started with not even being able to do a seated transfer, to now walking over a 1/4 of a mile.

I'm in no way a trained physical therapist, but I have a lot of experience, and know that just moving your limbs around and doing simple stretches can get you going.

Here's to a fit and active future!

No comments:

Post a Comment